2022 Tourism Week
Tourism Week 2022, occurring May 29 - June 4, is a time to celebrate our industry’s contributions to the lives and livelihoods that are touched by the 25,546 tourism businesses in our province. TIAA is working with partners across Canada this week to discuss and promote the contributions tourism makes to the Canadian economy, and to our national identity.
We Need Your Help #ABTourismWeek
TIAA is encouraging all tourism industry partners to engage in Tourism Week celebrations and to take the time to tell the story of the power of tourism across all regions of Alberta. The efforts of our entire industry have never mattered more than right now so, we ask you to join us and undertake purposeful discussions with your MLA and MP in the days ahead. To assist, please see the following resources that TIAA has developed to support you during Tourism Week, and beyond.
To support Alberta's tourism operators, destination marketing organizations, sector associations, and those who love to travel, TIAA has compiled resources to help make getting involved easy. Check out your toolkit:
- 2022 State of the Industry Report (May 2022)
- Alberta's Visitor Economy - The Economic Significance of Travel in Alberta (One Page Infographic)
- Tourism Impacts by Federal Riding (34 Alberta Riding Information Sheets)
- Tourism Impacts by Provincial Riding (87 Alberta Riding Information Sheets)
- Tourism Week Industry Toolkit - Travel Alberta
- Travel Now: For Work, Life and Play - National Tourism Week Industry Toolkit