On August 15, Prime Minister Trudeau visited the Governor General to dissolve the government and set the stage for an election on September 20, 2021. Albertans will have an opportunity to determine who they send to Ottawa to represent their interests in the province's 34 federal ridings.
TIAA members are encouraged to become familiar with the various party platforms so they can engage in conversations that support the recovery of Canada's tourism industry, and to inform their own voting strategy on election day. Below you will find various resources to assist in advancing key messages from Alberta's tourism industry.
- Candidate Information - Election Canada
- Alberta's Visitor Economy - The Economic Significance of Travel in Alberta (One Page Infographic)
- 2021 Federal Election - Key Tourism Messages for Federal Candidates
- Tourism Impacts by Federal Riding (34 Alberta Riding Information Sheets)
- Federal Leader's Debate 2021 (Full Video)
Political Party Platforms